Friday, November 21, 2014

A wooden object I am thankful for

I am thankful for my dining room table. I am so grateful that every night my family can sit around it and have good food to eat, or food they think it's disgusting but at least they have it. I am grateful that we can sit down and do homework or work on projects on it. I am grateful when we invite family or friends over to share a meal that we can't gather around the big table and eat and  laugh.

Yesterday I was reading Jeanette Palmer's blog about Nicholas (the big girls cousin), he is on a mission in Mongolia. The missionaries and a few of the members helped out a family there in the ward. They had several needs including renewing the fathers taxi license (so he can work), warm clothes for the children, and building their ger to live in. There were  pictures of the building process and as I looked at them I reflected on how very very fortunate we are.They were  very excited to have a completed home. By our standards it would not be fit to camp in. I don't know why there is such a big discrepancy between what people have, it is difficult to think of, only I'm sure that the Lord makes everything right in the end. I hope since I have been given much, I can give much, and I can appreciate much, and I can do a lot of good. 

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it interesting the difference in our perspectives in terms of what is an acceptable home? Did you ever read "Material World" or see the NOVA episode based on the book? Fascinating. We are rather spoiled here and we don't even realize it.

    ReplyDelete