Thursday, November 6, 2014

a memory I am grateful for

Summer 1999, it was hhhottt in Texas.  Really hot.  We were expecting Hannah and we were getting sealed in the temple as Rob was now a member a year and also my sealing with Mark was cancelled (a process that takes a while).  My family came out from California to be with us at this special time. So we were out all day showing them the sights and came home to change and get ready for dinner.  I was hot and huge and my feet were swollon and dusty and I wanted to wash them before dinner so I went in the bathroom and sat on the edge of the tub.  Rob came in after me and saw what I was "fixin" (thats texan for getting ready to) to do.  He hopped in the tub and washed my feet with cool water and soap.  It was so refreshing and sweet and tender.  I will always cherish that memory.  It was a quick moment but really symbolized our committment to love and serve one another, and our joint efforts to make and raise a family.   And Hannah was born 2 days later.

No comments:

Post a Comment