Dani has always liked, and still does: hanging with her friends, reading and being a momma!!
I love this girl of mine! Happy Birthday!!
Memories: one per year.
1. Dani took her first international trip before she was a year old. We went to Vancouver Canada. It was beautiful and cold and we enjoyed the totem pole's and the beautiful park and the water.
2. When Dani was a little girl we loved to walk to the library. We babysat Becky and Brittan and I would put them all in my stroller and we would walk to story time. I liked to pretend that they were all three mine.
3. When Dani was two she took her first swimming lessons. It was a mommy and me class that we took with Brittan and Valerie.
4. Dani became a big sister when she was 3 1/2 years old. Grandma Natalie brought her to the hospital to meet Sierra. She enjoyed meeting her sister but enjoyed eating mom's red Jell-O best.
5. The next year we took our second trip to Disneyland! We loved to go to Disneyland together! This trip was special because we were celebrating the end of cancer. We loved the Dumbo ride, Peter pan, and the merry go round ,but she thought Pirates was scary. Disney is still my favorite. If I lived in Orlando I would want to work at Disney World. Maybe I could be the fairy godmother, or maybe I could be a baker.
6. When Dani was five she started kindergarten. Her teacher was named Mrs. Brady. On her first day of school she wore hot pink tights. We walked to school and she was so excited! I loved to walk there and pick her up and hear about her day. One day she got to bring Jenna in for show and tell.
6. By first grade Dani was a very good reader. She loved to play dress-up with her cousins and aunts. She had lots and lots of friends and always had people to play with. And she had a little nemesis named Jamie.
7. In second grade we lived in palm springs. Dani was in a play at school, the Lion King. She took ice-skating lessons.
8. Dani got baptized when she was eight. That was a very special day.
9. In Fourth-grade Dani had the same fourth-grade teacher that I had. She was in the gifted program, loved to dye her hair, and would come to my classroom before and after school to help me.
10. Fifth grade was an awesome year for Dani. She got to fly in an airplane on a field trip to Sacramento. She also had the lead part in the school play.
11. For sixth grade we moved to Texas! Dani quickly made friends and grew to be a Texan girl!
12. Dani started playing soccer when she was in second grade and by middle school she was really good. Her team was called orange crush! She played for the high school team as well. One game it was so cold she froze her lungs.
13. Dani was a very excellent student until the end of 8th grade. Then she became a very smart girl who did not like to work very hard but had a lot of fun.
14. I remember well Danis first dance in high school, she wore a pretty black dress and went with her friend Meridith. This was the first of many pretty dresses and many fun dances!
15. Seminary was a big part of Dani's high school years. She also enjoyed mutual, particularly after mutual when routinely she and Meridith along with three or four boys, usually Richie, Spencer, Chad, Brett would come and ask if they could go to sonic.
16. Dani met a boy at EFY. His name was Daniel, and he took her on her first date.
17. Dani's first boyfriend was a boy named Spencer. They dated for a long time and had a lot of fun.
18. Dani was 17 years old when she graduated from high school. She moved to Utah in the fall and went to UVU.
19. College was not her thing, at that time, so she went to beauty school.
20. Dani is very creative and artistic and cutting hair came naturally to her.
21. While attending UVU Dani met Greg.
22. They dated for a year and then got married.
23. Dani is an awesome mom! Tatum and Penny and new baby raspberry ( who I think is a boy) Are the luckiest kids ever. They have the best parents.
24. I love going to Utah to visit Dani. Sitting in her living room and chatting is my favorite. Eating at zuppa's is my second favorite. Knowing that she is a better person than I am is my eternal favorite!
25. Dani likes her book club and working with young women and is learning to like to cook.
26. One year Dani and Greg and Tatum came to North Carolina on vacation with us. We enjoyed a wonderful week at the beach house. Another time Dani and Greg met us at Disney World!! (See above) This summer we went on vacation to Lake Tahoe. Vacationing together is definitely one of my favorite things to do!!
27. Dani is calm, caring, hard-working, creative, organized, tidy, fun, smart, thoughtful, and I am so proud of her.