Monday, November 17, 2014

a tradition I am grateful for

It's 6:45 am.  The big kids have been sent on their way to school and Grace and I are laying in my big bed together. She is reading her book from school and I am checking my email and answering questions fielded from my little 9 year old quizzer.  What is a "thick question" (had to look that up), what does a second hand radio mean?  Is NYC on the edge of a tectonic plate? Mom what if....?  It is a pleasant way to start the day.  It's cold outside and a few extra minutes in the warm bed is welcome, and Lu is fun company.

I looked up today's gratitude prompt and saw it's a tradition I am grateful for. So I asked Grace what tradition she liked and she quickly said Christmas.  It is definitely on everyones mind as it's just around the corner and we are excited!

My favorite tradition of childhood was definitely our yearly, week long beach camping trip.  We LOVED that and went every year.  Soooo fun.  Val and I still talk about it from time to time.

Now I am most grateful for our tradition of attending church together each week.  I love it and am so happy that all of the children have always happily come and sang hymns, listened to the talks, enjoyed Sunday school and priesthood/yw/primary.  I love sitting on the pew together.  It's a good thing :)



No comments:

Post a Comment