Monday, November 3, 2014

a food I am grareful for

I thought about this one for awhile, because I couldn't decide what my favorite food is.  I like a lot of foods, therein lies the crux of one of my biggest problems.  I was going to put chili's molten chocolate cake.  Yumm! Then I remembered Red Robin's bonsai burger! and how I love blue crab! and shrimp! and TX Roadhouse's salad and trying new recipes, and desserts with friends and...

Then I thought of the frustration of cooking for the kids and them hating everything, and the frustration of not being the size I want (not to mention the guilt and shame)

Then I thought well, I'll just skip this one.

Then it occurred to me PB. Everyone likes it.  It's got lots of energy, very versatile, stores well, easy to make: pb&j, pb in celery, pb with apple, pb on a spoon, pb cookies, many Thai recipes....

I am grateful mostly that I have food to feed the family and that tastes good.  And I do love sitting with friends and family sharing a meal, that's a joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment