Monday, November 10, 2014

a book I am grateful for, take 2

I have always loved to read.  I also love to read to people, by people I mean children mostly.  I love children's books and am honestly ever so sad not to have anyone to read them to on a daily basis.  This is why grandmothers and grandchildren should live close to one another, and also why people like to have large families, you never have to outgrow the children's book phase.  I had a good long run at it, for which I am grateful.  Or why people teach kindergarten, which I wouldn't mind if it wasn't for all the other bits that aren't as fun, and the lack of free time. Children's librarian would be great. Hmmm?

Anyway, while obviously if I am asked to pick a book that I am grateful for it has to be the Book of Mormon, there are many delightful books out there.  This past while I have read two that I especially liked.  The first is Dani's favorite book.  She gave it to Hannah for Christmas last year and I read it last month.  I loved it.  In fact I read it and when I got to the last page I flipped back to the first to start again, mainly because I got in such a rush at the end so see what would happen and how, I knew, but I had to actually read it to be certain and then I rushed on and on in a flurry of anticipation and then relief and so I had to have another go at it to enjoy the journey satisfied with the ending before I could relax and read the middle properly, and the near end, can't forget about the near end. 

The other I just picked up at the library on a whim and it was such a fun read too.  It reminded me about the parts of Christmas that I love.  I am not really grinchy or scoogey but more stressy and uptighty about Christmas, to the point where I kind of want to just bypass the whole ordeal but this book reminded me that it's not an ordeal, it's a wonderful, magical celebration and a recognition of the Saviors birth, and a chance to show our love to others with a thoughtful token.  Christmas is part of the magic of childhood and the blessings of adulthood.  Frankly I want to put up a tree right now!  

No comments:

Post a Comment