Sunday, August 28, 2011

the sun always rises

morning brought with it the welcome light of day.  We spent a not very restful night, R  and I got up many times to check on things.  The children slept well. This morning we found all well in our home.  We have no power but are grateful to have water.  Not all our friends and neighbors fared as well, many have trees down on their roofs or cars.  Lot of flooding and debris.  Some roads are closed. R is off helping clear trees.  The kids and I wandered the neighborhood to see how everyone was, flooded basements and downed fences seem to be the primary complaint. E is off on his bike rounding up some kids to come play.

On this Sunday morning I am grateful that the Son of God always brings light to us and atoned for my sins and shows me the way to live so I can return to Him.  I know He lives.  I love Him.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you all are safe and that there is not much damage to your home. We were thinking of you last night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when we went through hurricane hugo--lost part of our roof and lots of trees, but very grateful no other damage.

    ReplyDelete