Wednesday, August 17, 2011

another eaglet nudged out of the nest

This a.m. we drove to the airport to take Sierra to her new life.  She didn't want to go.  I didn't want her to go, but couldn't let her stay.  It is time.  I would love nothing more than for my sweet girl to live on the same street as me her whole life.  For her to meet and marry a wonderful east coast boy (in the temple) and raise a precious family with  me close enough to baby-sit and spend holidays and be part of her day to day life for always.  I am proud of her, and love her, and love to be with her.  But I know this is best.  It's been too hard to meet and be friends with people with the same standards, the boys she has dated are not boys that can take her to the temple. 
Sierra is a sweet, kind, funny, brilliant, hard working, wonderful girl.  I hope she will embrace this new experience, that she will make fun and virtuous friends who will help her make great choices.  I hope she will enjoy living near her sisters and niece and aunts and grandparents.  I hope she will continue to be an exemplary student.  I hope she knows I love her and miss her already.

2 comments:

  1. ((Hugs)) for Lana... Good luck, Sierra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tears in my eyes because I know just how you are feeling.

    Thank goodness for Skype, e-mail, phones, etc. It helps to make it feel like they are not so far away.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete