Wednesday, August 31, 2011

24

 You've had a birthday shout hurray!! We're going to sing to you today! One year older and wiser too! Haaaaapppppy Birthday, TO YOU!!
 Today is Dani's 24 birthday!!!  How grateful I am that this beautiful young woman is my daughter.  She is amazing and resilient and wise beyond her years.  I love how honest she is, how open she is to the world and friendships and adventure.  She is an amazing, thoughtful mother, a great big sister, a loving wife and a lovely woman with a great million dollar smile (you are welcome ;) )  She is creative and smart.  She makes good choices.  24 years ago I could never imagined the person she would turn out to be, and if I had tried the reality now is so much better than I could have hoped for.  I love you Dani girl.
 So I spent some fun time looking at photos of Dani on facebook.  Some I had never seen before, like this one with Dumbo and her roommates from the year she was married. 
 and this one of Dani and Greg at a fancy Vivint event.
 And this one of Dani and Tate on the merry -go-round!
 I love the pink! very fun!
Me and Dan and Tate this past spring.

So I have a friend who's mother is turning/or turned 80 this year. In her honor he decided to run 8 marathons this year (which I personally think is cRAzy) but it got me to thinking and I decided in honor of Dani's 24 birthday I have decided to lose 24 lbs.  That should be doable, I think.  Not sure who will have the harder time Bruce or me but none the less I am off (ha ha).  (Don't worry Dani, I sent you a real present as well!)

So have a great day dear girl.  I wish we were celebrating together and I love you forever.


2 comments:

  1. Love all the pictures. She is a beautiful girl. Obviously you have done a wonderful job raising her ; )

    Happy Birthday to your Dani.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet post and you can do it!!! I will support you in any way you need

    ReplyDelete