Saturday, August 20, 2011

bonfire

Yesterday was busy, I paid some bills, went to buy school supplies and groceries and did some cleaning.  R went to work, went on a long ride and took the kids swimming.  Last night R and I went to the movies and saw "The Help".  We liked it. It rained.

This morning we cleaned the basement and R rode 40 miles, he is training for the seagull century so is getting in lots of long rides. 

Today was our annual end of summer bonfire at the Henderson's.  Something a little different this year is we added some water fun before and started earlier than usual.  We got there around 3pm and the kids enjoyed taking turns on the jet ski, and going out on the Zawada's boat and sailing.  There were some jelly fish in the water so the actual swimming was a lot more cautious, although most of the kids did get in.  I got a little nudge off the dock and must have landed right on a jelly fish, most unfortunate as I got stung on the legs and arm and chest.  It is now midnight and I can't sleep, normally I am a gifted sleeper and have no troubles, even if I am not feeling well.  This is itchy and hurty and while not that bad it is distracting enough that I can not sleep....bummer. 

After swimming we had a great dinner, everyone brought lots of yummy food and we grilled some delicious dogs.  The boys built a big bonfire and we sat around it and heard a great talk on the 6 be's and then made smores.  Some of the kids played basketball, everyone had a good time. 

While H and I were there R took G and E to the soccer pizza party.  The team Leonard Hall and the boys played ball.  I didn't really get to hear how it went but I do know that Scott and the boys came over after and then they went to Wendy's for ice cream and somehow got locked out of the house so when I got home at 9:45 Lu was sleeping in the car in the driveway and R and E were pretty mad at me, because clearly it was my fault that they locked themselves out of the house.  We got inside and got everyone into bed then I cleaned up a mess Millie made and took a shower.  Hopefully they had a good time, I know H and I did. 

1 comment:

  1. Ouch--a jelly fish--YIKES.

    What is the seagull century?

    I'm reading The Help and enjoying it. I have to tell you I'm reading it out loud with a southern accent and it has made it so fun ; )

    ReplyDelete