Monday, August 8, 2011

a nice Sunday

We had such a nice Sunday.  I had ward council in the morning before church so R had the children and they discussed what they wanted to fast for and started with a prayer.  I was also fasting but had a different purpose this month and was joining my councilors in a fast.  Anyway when my meeting was over I walked to the chapel and there was the family sitting reverently and happily and dressed properly (so I guess it was a good morning).  Hannah had done Lucy's hair and it was so nice to sit down and join them with no drama.
Testimony meeting was very nice, Sunday School was good and YW went just fine :)  After church I had BYD, so R took the kids home.  We had leftovers from Salsas so the two little ones had that for lunch (they only fast breakfast).  When I got home everyone was playing nicely together and R and I were able to go upstairs and take a nap.  Sweet!

In the late afternoon Hannah and I headed for the kitchen.  She made her famous sage and apple pork chops and I did the rest of the dinner ( cantaloupe, chocolate cake, Italian brussel sprouts, bread and pasta)  E helped set the table and R poured the water.  Sierra got home from work just after the missionaries arrived and we all sat down for dinner.  I have to say everything tasted great and we had a fun dinner.  The cantaloupe was sweet, the chops delicious and the sprouts had just the right crunch.  Almost everyone had 2 desserts.  There is something so yummy about a dinner after fasting.

Normally when the Elders come for dinner they eat and we have a short visit and then they leave.  Yesterday they had a bit more time I guess and they had a fun lesson for us.  We made paper airplanes and threw them off the deck (Ethans' flew the farthest), then came in and had a good gospel discussion.  They stayed for our family scripture reading, we have been working our way through the gospels and enjoyed reading about Christs miracles and sharing miracles we have had in our own lives. I really know that God is actively involved in our lives, it's just up to us to recognize His hand and the many blessings we receive.  Then we prayed together and R left with them to do some visiting and to take them home so they wouldn't have to bike in the rain. 

Lu got jammied up and we went down to the basement and took turns reading books to each other for about 45 minutes, then I tucked her into bed. 

After that I was ready to settle onto the couch for some NCIS, E and H joined me and we watched an episode or two while we waited for R to get home. 

What a nice day. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a PERFECT Sunday. I agree how dinner on Fast Sunday always taste better--which is why I used like to make sure I did the cooking that night--everyone always told me how delicious it was. That always made me THINK I was a pretty good cook ; )

    ReplyDelete