Tuesday, August 30, 2011

kool aid stand

My friend Jen and I have been saving each other's bacon.  Our kids have been playing together a lot.  This is good.  When children play together the mothers can do laundry :) 

Today they were at Jen's house and she let them set up a kool-aid stand.  Each girl made $2.  Pretty good business. 

Then they came to our house and put on a lot of make up and I took them to the pool.  Lots of kids were out at the park and the pool.  It's beautiful out.

We still have no school, there are many neighborhoods with  no power and many trees and power lines down still.  I am most grateful for our electricity.  Tonight Becky and I went to visit Laurel, she still has no power, or water :(.  We brought ice cream and sat in her dark living room having the best visit. 

August has been quite a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment