Wednesday, August 17, 2011

evening outing

Last night I went to book club, I hadn't been in a long time (like a year). In the morning I was at the playground and Monique was also there so we were pushing our kids on the swings  and chatting when the topic of book club came up.  I had actually read this months selection a couple years ago and liked it.  So we talked each other into going, it's  always good to have someone to commit to because by evening I usually talk myself out of going, either the dog is eating the trash, or the kids are cranky or R is gone or something.  Last night was no different but I had to pick her up and I was really glad.  It was so much fun.  I really enjoyed visiting with all the ladies, and talking about the book, and eating Debbie's yummy cookies :)  In the story Cece escapes her problems by reading.  One fun thing we had talked about was our early reading loves.  Baby-sitters club got several nods ( I have never read one).  Nancy Drew was  my gateway book.  Surprisingly Mary Higgins Clark was also a fav.  ( haven't read any of her books either, and knew they were popular but didn't know 10 year olds read them).  Can't wait for next month...if I go.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you. I often find lots of reasons to not attend things too. I need to be better about that. I liked Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys as well- but my real loves of literature were Little House books and Anne of Green Gables. I still read them all may times over.

    ReplyDelete