Sunday, October 2, 2016

conference weekend



We love general conference weekend.  Everyone in the family.  I think we all have different reasons.  Some of us love to watch the conference broadcast on our own TV and in our casual clothes.  Some of us spend a lot of time in the kitchen making tasty treats.  Some of us LOVE the talks.  All of us love the spirit it brings to our home and the messages that we hear and get to apply in our lives. 

This weekend was a kind of sad one.  We miss that Percy cat.  I feel guilty about his death too.  I really thought he would rally but I wish we had taken him in to the vet.  Rob feels guilty too.  We are grouchy when we feel guilty.

Rob worked on his jeep all day yesterday.  It is, of course, going not as smoothly as we would like but he is learning a lot and has the help of some good guys.  Hopefully it will be back in on the road on Tuesday. 
The girls and I went to paint a dream to creative our way out of our depression. 

We also watched all the conference sessions.  Oh fun side note when I went to pick up Ziva from Julia's her parents were there so we had a fun visit.  I had never heard Peter's conversion story and that was neat to hear.  A lot of people have joined the church and had their lives changed forever because of that "punk" 21 year old humbly changing his ways and following the Lord's plan for his life. Including our family.

Today we made pilmeni for lunch, brought out our Halloween decorations, made chocolate chip cookies, watched conference and took notes and enjoyed our family time.

I found these cute conference graphics and I enjoyed using them to take notes.  I am going to work on my personal progress again and watching and taking notes is a great 10 hour project!

No comments:

Post a Comment