Saturday, October 15, 2016

Bighorn Mine

We wanted to find fall.  Hannah had the great idea of going on a family hike so I got on line and looked up some close to us.  There are many around and I found one about an hour away that takes you to an old mine.
Dad and his girlies
It was about perfect.  The weather was beautiful, the trail was a little crowded from time to time but the leaves were gorgeous and while it was a little steep at parts it was mostly a "beginner" trail.
tree
I love being out in nature.  It makes me happy.  Some of the kids complained before we left but I have to say it ended up being a good trip.  We talked and laughed a lot on the way up.  Had lots to talk about on the hike and got to meet some other hikers and dogs.
at the mine
After we got done we went to Wrightwood for lunch.  We stopped at the Grizzley Cafe where everyone was happy with their food.  In fact Rob said it was the best he'd had in a long time. It was also super cute and I bought some owl ornaments for our tree.
Grace really booked it down the trail on the way out.  She left us in the dust.  I am no longer listening to her "I can't do it" wails, because she most certainly can.

Now Ethan is off at a party, and the rest of us are going to watch a movie.  It's been a good Saturday.
me and loverboy

The owl tree! So fun!! I almost couldn't pick which one to get!

No comments:

Post a Comment