Friday, October 14, 2016

10 things I love about Hannah at age 17


This morning a friend of mine posted on facebook that her doctor wants her to cut her hair.  She has had long curly hair for decades.  Apparently she has lots of severe headaches and he thinks that might help.  So she asked for ideas and there was lots of cute ones.  The cutest was the one I submitted. Then while I was cleaning up I got to thinking. (always a  bad idea).  I really liked that hair cut and thought she should do it. I don't really like my hair long or short, but usually especially long.  I always think it will look like:
but really it ALWAYS looks like:


So I went to the hair place and got the world's worst short hair style.  My girl may have been Amish in a former life and while a fount of cat husbandry ideas she was not so hot at the hair cutting.  (Still having trouble with cat and the litter box FYI)
To add insult to injury my head is too big to stylishly wear a hat...and I am kind of amishite in style too so :(

Rather than dwell on that.  I will celebrate the awesomeness that is Hannah (thanks to Kelle's getting your parenting mojo back post)

without further ado:

Hannah Margaret aka Muffin, Hannahkin Skywalker, chicken, chicken lips
  1. Hannah is very loving and empathetic.
  2. She is funny.
  3. She has lots of projects going in her life and I love that she is busy and happy.
  4. Love that she can drive to seminary!!!!
  5. She is a good baker.
  6. She and I like to watch TV together and hang out together.
  7. She has a strong testimony and does what is right.
  8. She is kind and inclusive and thoughtful.
  9. She has a great sense of style (which she didn't inherit from me)
  10. She is a delight in every way, articulate, mature, grounded and a dreamer at the same time. 

2 comments:

  1. Hannah has grown up to be such a beautiful young woman inside and out! Love the photo. (Sorry about the hair...I thought your "kinda grown-out look" was very cute, but I understand the temptation to chop it all off. :-0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well we can compare bad haircuts, cause I got a doozy. Also, I love all your fun family outings!

    ReplyDelete