Friday, October 7, 2016

off Friday

This morning Rob and I went to see "Sully". I didn't want to go because of the flying thing.  But I heard how great it was from so many people.  And Rob did. So I decided to give it a try.  Actually it was a really good movie.  Very inspiring.  It was awful during the crashing scenes, gave me that sick to my stomach feeling I get when I fly and I cried a little but other than that I it was good and I enjoyed seeing how competent he was and what a good man he was.

After we went to the mall to exchange Rob's glasses and to chipotle for lunch.

Meanwhile it's homecoming so the HS had a carnival which the kids reported was very fun.

When they got home from school Hannah dragged the boys out shopping with her.  Now they are at the football game.  Han has to photograph it and the boys are just watching.  After they are going to Denny's with friends.
ready to football
Grace and Rob ran a bunch of errands in the jeep.  Including looking at kittens.  They didn't bring one home.  I thought they might and am glad they didn't because I am not ready but next time we are going to be the best cat parents ever.  They saw coyotes and rabbits in the desert.

Rob applied for a job in TX and interviewed for it.  We actually thought he'd get it and were mentally rehearsing what that would be like.  I don' hate it here any more.  We have friends, live close to Disneyland/beach, I love parking in a garage, we are "close" to the grands. I was looking forward to going back to Ft Worth.  There is more to do, I was looking forward to selling this house (that I've regretted buying since we signed on the dotted line) and the schools are better.  But the timing would have been super tricky since it's Hannah's senior year and she is doing well and involved and has friends and that wasn't easy.  She's on the yearbook staff, the drama club, in the school play, laurel class president, in the multi-cultural club and the key club and something else. So it's okay.  Disappointing and not at the same time.  Rob's only been at this job for a little over a year and he likes it so I guess when the time is right we will move, and for now it's great  just fine here.

1 comment:

  1. Come back to Maryland! Please? Pretty please? We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete