Monday, October 10, 2016

day off

Grace has today and tomorrow off (parent/teacher conferences).  The big kids all have school.  So this morning I went back to bed after they left for seminary!! and then at a normal time Grace and I got up.  Actually Grace's normal time is O'dark thirty so when I got up she had already finished her first project of the day...a cat carrier.  Leo likes it, Grace likes it.  All is craftastic!!
crafting
After breakfast we went to "paint a dream".  We went last week but Grace hadn't finished her project so we brought it back so she could finish.  It's going to a be a cute little candy bowl.

painting
Next on our agenda of fun was a stop at taco bell (her choice) and then the movies.  We saw "Middle School: the worst years of my life" and we both liked it.  It was funny and sad.
taco belling
Last thing we did before the kids got home from school is go to the grocery store with a stop at the pharmacy to get flu shots.
immunizing
Tonight I went to a soccer meeting for the high school try outs.
Here are my thoughts:
A) wow! it was intense.
B) teenage athletes are a lot like alpha gorillas... or peacocks.  I am not sure which.
C) there is going to be a lot of competition for a few spots.  I hope he gets one! YIKES!
chilling

No comments:

Post a Comment