Sunday, October 30, 2016

Stake conference weekend

It was an amazing weekend. So uplifting and inspiring.
First for some not conference related news, Hannah and Grace babysat for the Packams and they had a very fun night.  Grace us really looking forward to turning 12 and being able to babysit.

We went to the adult session of conference last night and it was really, really great. It seems like whatever's going on in your life, whatever struggles or sadnesses you have you can always find peace, comfort and direction in the gospel of Jesus Christ.

It's pretty fun to go and see people I have known all my life. Yesterday Henry Greenfield gave a talk. He did a super job, talked about his conversion.  He and dad were great friends long ago.  Man, he is old looking now.  I was watching him after he spoke, and once I realized who he was, and frankly I thought he might actually die sitting up on the stand.  I wanted to say hi to him but he looked really sick so I left without saying hi.  Before I got out the door though I changed my mind and went back to talk to him.  He had perked up and we had a nice little visit.
Today the Clarks spoke, which was also so fun.  Julie and I both raced up to the stand to say hi right after.  Seeing your parent's friends, that you have always known, is kind of like seeing your mom and dad. It's a fun surprise.

After last night's conference we went out for gelato with the Chronis'. It was delicious.  Like so good I should go back tomorrow :)

Today we came home and watched movies and hung out.  It's been raining on and off for the last three days, which is super awesome and needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment