Friday, October 28, 2016

good times and little annoyances


Makayla, Grace and Charlotte
Paige, Heather, Brinn, Hannah and Shelby

Tonight we had truck or treat and our chili cook off.  It was a pretty nice night.  The chili was good and the girls did some games for the primary kids before the trunk or treat which were cute and went smoothly.  The boys also had games and Ethan's group has some problems that were frustrating to him, namely the other boys played on their phones or threw candy at each other while he played the games with the kids. He was pretty mad after they left him to clean up alone.  I am glad he was the one who was doing what he should. Hopefully he will say something to them and next time the other boys will do better.
Audrey and I had ran up during the day to set up our games so everything was ready and easy breezy.

Today was an annoying day.  I was annoyed with the state of CA. It rained this morning so our soccer practice this evening was cancelled...and when the coach sent out the text the first response was "that's good it's too cold outside", for the record it was 69 degrees out.

Grace's school was on lock down because there was a stabbing outside of the campus and the police were called in.  I am glad they have a plan, and that the kids were all safe, but upset that this is the world we live in.

So I decided to get my subbing credential up to date.  You have to every year (which is reasonable). I haven't because I don't love to sub, I applied for a few teachers aide jobs but wasn't selected (overqualified??). Anyway every October I decide I need more holiday $, which then turns into vacation money and subbing is a good way to do that.  So I called up and they were happy to take my $110 annual credential fee and also I got to do the annual training.  There are about 15 courses you have to do on line, blood borne pathogen training, abuse training, sexual harassment training, concussion training, etc.  And this year a new one.  An hour long integrated pesticide management training because antibacterial wipes are considered a pesticide and all teachers use them so all teachers must be trained.  I have to admit this was both super boring and super annoying. After my hour long training I took the test and scored 100% in 2min and 9 sec. I'm pretty sure I could have done almost as well without it.  

Lastly a (very sweet, smart and awesome) friend of mine posted on facebook to vote yes on prop something to ban single use plastic bags in our state. That's on the ballot?!  Who knew? And for the record I love single use plastic bags.  I use them to pick up after Ziva when we go one walks, I pack Hannah's lunch in one because it holds more and the shape is great to stuff into a back pack, we line trash cans it our bathrooms in them and they hold wet swimsuits on the way home from the beach and trash in the car and any number of other useful things.   I don't like the litter but really of all the problems we have that's the one we want to start with?  I am not at all annoyed with her, friends don't have to agree about everything to be friends; just the initiative and admittedly maybe more than I would have been on another less frustrating day.

Also, for the record, our cell phone bill is too high.  It's air!! They are charging us for air!!!! a lot.  Charging~ sure a fair amount, of course, but come on :(

No comments:

Post a Comment