Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Tuesday

I have been really pondering on what to do with myself.  The kids are growing up so fast.  I always thought I'd get a Masters in something but haven't yet. I have applied for a few jobs here and there and through the years...but never gotten many of them.  Subbing yes, St Mary's City (that was awesome), catering, but really nothing big.  I really have thought a lot about being a counselor over the years.  I like psychology and I like talking to people and people talk to me.  This morning I finally talked with a college counselor.  I would need to take 18 classes and have an internship, taking probably 18 months at the quickest and $40, ooo, to do it.  School counselors make about $70,000 to start in CA so I guess I'd make back what I spent in the first year...if I am smart enough to finish and pass the state exams. 
What to do?  
The other question is if not now when?  I am almost 50.  I would be 50 when I finished and I could work 15-17 years before Rob was ready to retire and go on missions so financially it probably isn't an awful idea. I'd have the same schedule as the kids pretty much which is important since Grace is only 11, almost 12. It is, however, California specific and we want to move out of California??

Visiting teaching is a wonderful program, that is really a lot of fun, yet so hard to do.  I am not sure why.  Time goes by so fast and sometimes it feels awkward, but anyway.  I have a new companion, Holly.  She moved here this summer from TX and she is 30 and has an 8 year old daughter and she is super friendly and cute. Today we visited two of our sisters and we have our 3rd scheduled for Thursday so go us!  
We visited Lori this morning.  She is amazing.  She has 11 kids, 7 of them were foster kids and ended up being adopted or given permanent guardianship.  She is a retired nurse and has her 30 year old quadriplegic son living with them and now her 12 year old grandson just came to live with them.  She has the biggest heart, if not the most exhausted one.  She's talkative and interesting and always fun to visit with.  She wants her grandson to make some friends so since they live in our neighborhood I volunteered Ethan to go to the park and play soccer with him. That should be good for both of them.
Next we had lunch with Tami and ran into some other sisters from the stake so had a big group lunch.  Tami and I have Sawyer and Hannah in common, but I really just like her besides that.  She's always happy and helping and just really fun.
Thursday we will visit Dianne, who I love.  She is fighting breast cancer right now and I hope we can cheer her day a little.  She's a teacher and a quilter and a mom and grandma and she's just neat.
With all these great sisters and visits you would think it would be a little easier to actually go each month.

Tonight was mutual. The boys met and did a service project. The girls went to the church and got ready for young women in excellence, and the ward trunk or treat on Friday.
Lots of good work that done today.

No comments:

Post a Comment