Sunday, September 27, 2015

Weekend

We had a good and busy weekend.  Saturday I went to women's conference with Nellie.  It was wonderful. We had workshops and lunch and a musical fireside.  My favorite talk was on having confidence, given by the wonderful Joanie Swindlehurst.  I love her! She has long been dear to my heart and such an influence for good in my life.
How to Be Confident
C courage  2 Timothy 1:7
O optimism D&C 61:36
N name/family "every man or woman is a  quotation from their ancestors"
            Ralph Waldo Emerson
F failure failure is a success if we learn from it. 
I identity  I am a child of God
D determined "if you are going through hell, keep going" Winston Churchill
E education D&C 109:7
N now "now is the best time to strat becoming the person we want to be"
               Pres. Uchtdorf
T trust Proverbs 3: 5-6
pioneer girl
Rob held down the fort while I was gone.  He took Grace fishing in the morning (they didn't catch anything).  Then they went to Ethan's soccer game.  We won.  3-0 and Ethan scored the first goal which was super exciting.  He doesn't usually score.  He is a great keeper and a great mid, but that means he rarely takes it all the way to the net. Then he took Grace to Catherine's birthday party.

In the evening Hannah went to a party with Sawyer.   The rest of us watched the women's broadcast.  It was really good.  I love Pres. Uchtdorf's story.  We can not wait for conference weekend coming up!

Today we had the primary program practice.  Also Rob got called to be the gospel doctrine teacher.  He had to leave right after the sacrament because his back is so bad today.  Hopefully he'll be better soon but right now he's a crookedy mess :(

No comments:

Post a Comment