Tuesday, September 1, 2015

holy cow! September already?


 Last fall I didn't know it was our last fall in beautiful MD.  I so enjoyed having four seasons.  We had so many trees and so many leaves I can not even begin to describe it.  In the fall it was gorgeous with a mix of green and the hues of oranges, reds, & yellows blending together in a beautiful canopy.  I loved to see the sunlight sparkling on the water and to feel the crispness in the air.  September was still warm but it held the promise of the upcoming change in it's cooler mornings, empty pool and anticipation of apple picking season, neighborhood porches adorned in fall's best and pumpkin everything.

Here we have several months of swimming to look foreword to.  Which is good too I guess.


Yesterday was Dani's birthday! She is 28. I am looking forward to seeing her this weekend and to spending some time together. 

28 Dani related sentences:
Dani is a great mom, really great.  
She is patient and kind.
She never says anything mean about anyone.
She is funny.
She likes to read.
She was recently called to teach Relief Society.
She is a good wife.
She is great with hair.
Dani is smart.
Dani has some specialties in cooking: chicken with tomatoes and artichoke and korean beef are two of my favorites.
Dani reads the scriptures every day.
She and Greg go to the temple often.
She wears glasses and looks so cute in them.
She is a good friend.
She is a good party planner.
Dani is organized.  I really admire her homemaking skills.
Dani always has time for her family, Hannah loves to face time her.
Dani is wise with her money.
She and Greg live within their means (which is rare and wonderful)
They have FHE and family prayer regularly.
We read some of the same blogs and it's fun to talk about them.
Dani is fun to talk to about anything.
She is obedient.
She is a great oldest child.
Dani has lots of goals for her life and I know she will accomplish them.
She is thing (lucky ducky)
She is a good sport.
She is thoughtful.
Happy Birthday Dani girl!!  I am so lucky to be her mom and to have her as my daughter and my friend.

 One hard thing about moving is there are so many things out of your control.  We're trying to get things settled.  To get organized, to get clean clothes (the dryer arrives today...some time between 10-2), to find doctors and piano teachers and PTA forms.  There is a lot going on.

The other night while unpacking we came across my wedding dress.  Han tried it on and it fit perfectly.  She looked so pretty.

Z found a good window spot.  :)

Happy Fall

1 comment: