Thursday, September 17, 2015

fun fun fun til the sun goes down...and then some



We spent the afternoon playing.  The boys watched Hotel Transylvania.  When the kids got home from school Deo took a nap and Grace and J swam, then we all went to the park by our house.

big boy!
For dinner we had pizza and R took G to audition for CATS.
biking fun

Ethan played driveway basketball with Joneaux while Deo rode his scooter and we ended the night with some hot tubbing fun.


It's been so fun.  When I was a mom with young kids I tried to be fun and interesting and creative and patient.  Sometimes I was and sometimes I wasn't.  Thank goodness I had littles before pinterest and facebook.  It would have been the death of me.  Even so it was just too much.
One of the great things about having young nieces and nephews and of course grandchildren is you get to go back and do it a little better.  The time we spend together is limited so I can muster up the energy to be pretty great fun. That's what family is all about.  I am thrilled to take the boys for a couple of days and spoil them and love on them.  It reminds me of the sweetness (and the work) of the toddler/little kid phase.  It's great for all of us.  The girls are really good with the kids.  Ethan is too but he tires of the commotion.   It's good to serve and adjust our schedule to someone else's.  It's good for the kids to know how many people love them.  It's good for the parents to know they are safe and well taken care of. 
When my kids were little Val and Anna were teens and even younger.  They often baby sat for the girls, and played with them, and loved them and were great examples to them.  I am glad to return the favor.  This is definitely something that modern families miss out on, those close extended family relationships. There is a lot of joy therein.  

No comments:

Post a Comment