Thursday, April 27, 2017

windy

 Last night we had stake YWIE.  Two of the girls in our stake put it together for a project and they did a great job.  Our ward was asked to sing a song.  Each ward was given a table to decorate with a value.  We had "faith" so we had to decorate in white and also make a white treat.  It was really fun to see the tables and the girls projects.  It was a nice evening.
I've been working all week so when we all finally got home last night we had to do some chores, even though it was late.  The animals did not enjoy the vacuum.

I've been at Valley View all week roving.  Today was a good day.  4th grade in the morning and 5th is the afternoon. I really lucked out because each group had PE while I had them so I had no kids and lots of time to read for those blocks of time! I'm reading "Into Thin Air", which is one of Ethan's summer reading books.  It's the true story of a failed Everest expedition, told by one of the survivors.  It's interesting and well written but climbing Everest sounds like an awful endeavor!  Tomorrow I have K, which I fully expect to be a nightmare and it will make up for the good day today:)

We've been enjoying 55+ mph winds in the valley this week.  It's been awful and everyone is sneezy.

Today was Ethan's last tennis day.  It's been a good season for him.  He didn't enjoy it very much in the beginning but stuck with it and really improved and started liking it.  His coach is hoping he will play again next year.  If he does he better have his eagle done so he can have a phone.  Today I went to pick him up at the normal practice time (4:30) and when I pulled up there were lots of kids playing tennis so I pulled out my book and read awhile.  Then I fell asleep in the warm car.  Then I woke up and kids were leaving and there was no Bub and it was almost 6pm.  So I went out and talked to the players only to find out that it wasn't his team.  (PANIC).  I went around to the office to see if anyone knew where he was, of course it was closed.  Then I looked on the website to see if there was any tennis info.  It turned out they had an away game, Ethan hasn't played an away game before so I hoped he was there.  It wasn't too long before the bus came with the team and he was there so phew.  I was relieved and scolded him for not telling me he was leaving campus.  Even though he told me he had tennis more details were required.    All's well the ends well though and tomorrow we are meeting with the Painted Turtle about a project so with some work and some luck he'll be done soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment