Monday, April 24, 2017

a little throw back to when Ethan was starting nursery.  18 months old.  He was always very dapper.

Yesterday he passed the sacrament.  In 3 years he'll be serving a mission.  Crazy!!

After church we invited a new member of our ward over for dinner.  He moved here from TX and works where Rob works.  His kids are grown and he's almost ready to retire.  His wife and he came out here to finish the last 4 years of work and build a house in St. George. ...and she died unexpectedly.  So he's been a widower for about a month. He's lonely, of course.  We were little comfort but hopefully a home cooked meal and some lively company was a nice distraction.  Super nice guy.

Today Hannah took a "senior ditch day".  She really wanted to go to the beach.  And she wanted me to go with her.  I thought about it but a) the beach was cold and windy today.  b) it's not that close. and c) I had the other kids to pick up from school. So even though I actually was very sorry to disappoint her I said no.  We did go shopping and bought some flip flops and groceries and ate sushi.  It was a nice day, just not the one she wanted.

Ethan taught FHE tonight.  He's a funny guy so his lessons are always fun.  Grace learned how to cook a dish at beehives and wanted to make it for dinner.  I ended up making it because she was "doing homework" so I am counting it as new recipe #1.  It was easy and tasty.  All you do is take frozen tortellini and pour marinara sauce on it, then stir in pepperoni, olives, mushrooms and mozzarella.  Bake it at 400 for 45 min.  Serve with fresh basil.  Yummy!!

I also am on book #2.
First I read The Thing About Jellyfish.  A YA book that was good.  Interesting jellyfish facts interwoven with a growing up story.  I got it because I thought Grace might like it as the main character is 12.
Now I am reading "A Man Called Ove".  Which I am liking a lot.  It's about a grouchy guy, a mangy cat and a dead wife.

I also sent off 3 letters (postcards).

Pretty good progress for week one.


No comments:

Post a Comment