Thursday, September 1, 2016

Fall is here, I guess ;)

Last night we were almost ready for bed and we had turned out the lights when Rob tossed the TV remote to the end of the bed.  Then he flipped the sheets to move the dog and somehow the remote was tossed in the air, in the dark, and landed on my face. What? How does that happen?  It was the craziest accident, and it kind of hurt.  Weirdly it's looked worse as the day has gone on.
a little black eye
Other than that little mishap the day has been pretty uneventful.  The temple opened back up so Rob's weekly assignment started back as well. 
The kids went to school. 
I worked on Penny's costume.  Look at those cute pants! I love doing costumes because they don't have to be exactly perfect.  I spaced the layers of eyelet wrong on the leg but I don't think she'll notice (she's only 4, or she will be soon)

little bo peep
September 1st is the start of fall in my mind.  This is what fall should look like.  It doesn't here though.  Oh East Coast you sure have your charms!

I read a fun book.  It's the love story of Henry Longfellow and Fanny Appleton.  It was a fun fun read and interesting as well.  A little romance, a little history, a little tragedy.  It's good stuff.   So as not to be a spoiler I won't say more but I did like it a lot.

This afternoon I started a new book.  I have read and enjoyed a couple of Dan Brown's other books and this one was recommended so hopefully it will be good as well.  My friend Tami posted on facebook a week or so ago that she was going on a trip and was looking for some recommendations for reading.  It was really fun to see what different people suggested.  Both of these books were on the list and so far I haven't been disappointed!


No comments:

Post a Comment