Saturday, September 24, 2016

women's conference


from Ramona's class
Today was a very good day, for me.  Not so good for Rob.  I had women's conference at the stake center.  It was nourishing and wonderful.  We had many good classes full of encouragement and doctrine and advice.  Plus we had a nice lunch, beautiful musical numbers and the joy of gathering together as sisters.
love this picture of Abe and Clayton
In the middle of the day I got this cute photo from Jenna.  They are camping and little Abe got tired on the hike.

Meanwhile Rob went jeeping with the jeep squad.  They went out to Kennedy Meadows and took their jeeps up some "easy trails".  So easy that he broke the motor mounts and had to be towed down the mountain and rescued by a bunch of good men.  It ended well, in that he is home in one piece and got the help he needed.  Not so well in the $$ of the repair and the frustration of the day.

waiting for our food
When I got home from conference I took the kids to chili's.  We had a fun dinner and visit.  I love my family.  I love the gospel. I love the Lord.

FYI the children pretty much fended for themselves all day and they did fine.  (read: house is standing, no one bled:) )




At the end of the day Hannah and I watched the general conference women's session and that was awesome as well.  I love Pres. Uchtdorf and the sister leaders who spoke.  We are so blessed to hear from God's servants.

No comments:

Post a Comment