Tuesday, September 20, 2016

good news and bad

Yesterday Audrey and I met to talk about YW.  She's never served before but she is excited and I know she will do great!

Yesterday we went to "frostrock" for FHE treat, but we didn't have FHE, just the treat.
home made pumpkin donuts
Today I made these donuts and they were delicious!! Also Ethan had a soccer game and they won and we had our first YW meeting.  Audrey brought apple slices and a little crock pot of carmel and things to dip them in, like crushed oreos, marshmallows, nuts and mini chocolate chips.  It was super tasty and cute.  I did the activity, we made conference journals and played a game. I think it was a lot of fun. The girls were cute and fun.

cute towels mom sent me
Mom sent me these cute towels! It was so cheerful and nice and it came on the perfect day because I had a very frustrating morning.  We got our electric bill, which is no biggie because it's usually like $1.27 or $2.16 due to our fabulous solar panels BUT the bill this month was $1972. 67!! I thought it must be a mistake BUT NO, I called first thing and they said with our solar contract we pay the blah blah blah tax or fee or whatever and then at the end of the year if we have used less than our panels produced we get $ back and if we have spent more we pay.  What?!?!?! The representative very helpfully told me that this is explained on page 4 of the bill each month with a notice of if we are over or under.  Who reads page 4????   I was SUPER unhappy about that.

1 comment:

  1. I do not read page 4 but that has bitten me severa times and I too have had super helpful customer service people tell me that i really should be reading all page 4's. And your pumpkin donuts look amazing! And congrats on your new calling. Miss you lots!

    ReplyDelete