Friday, September 23, 2016

deception


city walk

fun pink wall in ET parking

trying to do a handstand

trying to do a handstand

photo booth fun
If you just looked at the pictures you would think we had the best Friday afternoon ever.  My kids sometimes accuse me of putting a positive spin on life, and on my record of our life.  When I ask them to find something that's not true they can't, they just say I make it sound more fun than it was or is or whatever.  It's all about your perception I guess.

Today, like many days the children claimed illness and wanted to stay home from school.  I haven't let them yet.  

Around mid day Ethan texted that he really wasn't feeling well and would I come get him? So I did. He looked fine.  20 minutes later Hannah comes home with off Friday Dad. Also looking fine and dandy.  As a punishment for missing the end of school I decided it was the perfect day for some forced family fun.  At universal city walk they have lots of shops and restaurants and a movie theater and it's fun and busy.  Last time we were there Hannah and I checked the menu and saw that lunch at the Brazilian BBQ was only $15.  So I talked to Rob and we agreed we'd get Lu, drive down, go to lunch and a movie and do some shop-seeing then come home.  Festive Friday Fun.

We got down there with little mishap and only a little grumpiness from Ethan.  Then disaster struck.  We found out, once we were seated that the $15 lunch was for the "vegetarian" offering.  And the regular with meat lunch was $35. That fine print has been biting me in the behind lately. So we left.  $200 for lunch is a little too rich for our blood.  Also who goes to an all you can eat Brazilian BBQ for the salad bar only?? 
We walked around and decided where to eat, a fun Mexican place that was yummy. Then went to get tickets to the movies where we discovered that no one wanted to see the same thing and some people didn't want to go at all.  Shop hopping was vetoed and we trudged back to the car and headed home.  Spoiled children.

It wasn't awful but we definitely would not have driven an hour down and an hour back for enchiladas. Ugh!! 

1 comment:

  1. I would drive an hour for some good Mexican. I'm finding it is hard to come by here in Utah.

    ReplyDelete