Monday, September 26, 2016

Politics

Today was the first presidential debate. I am not terribly interested in things political, I do feel it is my civic duty and so I try to pay attention and keep up. This election year in particular is so lacking in a desirable candidate, and the political climate is so discouraging that I feel more inclined to try to make an informed vote. So I sat down to listen. And as best I could I tried to have an open mind. One thing that helps me have an open mind is that I have good friends on both sides of the debate. Friends who I consider to be smart, fair, with values that are like-minded to mine, and who are good upstanding members of the church.
After listening to almost all of the debate I have to say that I thought both of the candidates had some good points, but I didn't like either one of them.
I especially do not like Donald Trump.  I think he lies and is arrogant.  He said that his temperament is more presidential, but I think his temperament is the biggest strike against him.  I will not vote for him.
I thought Hillary said some things that I agreed with and although I read a lot of comments criticizing her choice of outfit I thought her red pants suit was patriotic and I thought it was just fine that she was in pants.  Frankly I can't believe people would bother to comment on that.  That said, she also lies and there is the whole treason thing so I can't vote for her. And I don't like her either.  I just didn't hate her pants.
Ugh.  It's so sad. I fear for our country.
my vote
On the plus side I made a yummy dinner and we took a treat to the Reed's because Chad has helped Rob so much, and Ethan had soccer practice, and I went visiting teaching, which went well. Today was national pancake day but we totally missed it and I made texas lasagna & texas toast.
something I can get behind
Why can't we have a King Benjamin, THAT would be awesome.  Or even a cute little prince George, he'll probably be a good monarch.

No comments:

Post a Comment