Friday, September 9, 2016

The day I was a good wife

Off Friday! Yay! 
We had some errands to run, we could save time and do them separately but usually on fridays we do whatever together. That's why people get married right? To have someone to do boring errands with:)
Rob's been wanting me to go out deep in the desert jeeping with him. I have been reluctant. Today I agreed. (Mistake #1). I should have negotiated a time frame before we went but (mistake #2) I didn't. 
The first half hour was actually pretty fun. We went up and down some hills and some gullies. He had done them several times before and was skilled at navigating them. 
The next 3 half hour blocks of time were kind of like being held hostage on a wayward Indian Jonesesque jeep tour thru the post apocalyptic desert scape, with broken down furniture, barbed wire and empty gun shells littering the inhospitable terrain. 
It was dusty, super sweaty, hot, sticky, bumpy, death defying (barely), and long. My bladder suffered, my back suffered, my arm got sunburnt and at one point I had to leap from the jeep before it rocketed down the hill on three wheels spewing dirt and rocks everywhere. (Only slightly exaggerated, I didn't leap I just crawled out while we were stuck precariously on our side.)
After taking the longest possible route out of there we went to lunch. 

Tonight we will swim in our pool and watch a movie on our couch. Small possibility of any harm befalling us.

1 comment: