Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Dangers

Yesterday I subbed for 8th grade English. Today it was kindergarten. Yesterday was way easier! It was actually a fun day. The kids has read an article on teenagers and social media and then we were supposed to have a discussion as well as they were to write a letter of advice to a parent about how to help kids with social media issues. It was very interesting for me to listen to them and to hear their perspectives. They are very aware of the dangers out there and mostly have real life experience with many of them. They are savvy in many ways but also just kids. I think I might not hate teaching middle school, there's such a big difference to be made there. 

Kinder was torture. 

Tonight RS and YW combined for a self defense class. I thought it was really good. 4 women a day are murdered in the U.S., one is raped every 45 minutes and one every 8 minutes is a victim of violence. Knowing self defense is important. We learned about being aware and how to avoid compromising situations. Also a little about what to do in the moment.
Tonight's lean and green was steak, mushrooms and green salad. My pants are getting quite loose, in fact today I couldn't put my cell phone in my pocket as it was just enough weight to pull them down. Sweet.

1 comment:

  1. So wonderful about the baggy pants! Seeing such great results really keeps you going doesn't it?

    Wish mine were (baggy).

    ReplyDelete