Friday, November 23, 2012

We are grateful!

We had a really nice thanksgiving :)  I am very grateful that even though we live far away from family we have great friends to celebrate with. 

I spent the morning cooking.  I made southern style sweet potatoes, beet salad, corn pudding and German chocolate cake. 
Hannah spent the morning at the turkey bowl and then went to Chelsea's to help get ready for the day.
R spent the morning fishing.
E and Lu and the dogs spent the morning playing.

In the afternoon we went to the Martines and had a most delicious meal. 

In the evening there was dessert and a bonfire and lots of great conversation.

In the night we collapsed into bed full and grateful.

Some of my blessings (in no particular order)

Penny
Tatum
my daughters
my son
Greg and Clayton
Rob
Mom and Dad
that mom and dad are serving another mission
Abba and Nana
my sisters
and brothers
cousins
aunts
uncles
family <3
my flex
a beautiful home
nice shoes
plenty to eat
my kindle
the fur-babies
technology
my awesome councilors
books
Jared Davis who is a wonderful stake ym pres and helps me so much
our great Bishop
Pres. Sakai
Pres. Monson
fall leaves
walks
friends
enough $
the holidays
a free country
the Book of Mormon
The Ensign
Mormon Channel
The Atonement of Jesus Christ
the opportunity to serve
my husband
laughter
warmth
brownies (the girl scout kind)
music
hope

this list is not all inclusive, but just a sample of what's in my heart

No comments:

Post a Comment