Sunday, November 11, 2012

hiking and fishing

Lu casting

Rob and his prize

Loraine, Chelsea and Hannah at mile 9
 Yesterday was a fun day for us all.  We had our youth temple hike.  We started at the Lincoln Memorial and hiked to the the temple.  It was a 14 mile route.  The weather was perfect!, we had a huge turn out of about 190 participants, and we didn't lose anyone :)
I have to say it was harder than I thought.  I was sore in the hips and back and feet at the end of the day and am still sore today.  I guess I really need to get in shape.  I don't want my fluffy lazy bones way to hinder how I can serve.

Meanwhile R took the kids fishing.  They fished all day with some friends.  R said the kids were great and he caught a fish, too small to keep but none the less.  Grace asked this morning if we could go fishing again today so she must have had a great time.
One of the groups on a break

No comments:

Post a Comment