Monday, May 7, 2012

perfect day

Today Lu had her LEAN exercise class after school so I knew I didn't have to pick her up until 4:45 and I was able to swap driving directions with Debbie and H has a key so I decided today was the perfect day for an mother/daughter outing to the National Harbor.  We wouldn't have to rush and I wouldn't have to worry.  I have never been there, but have wanted to and it was the perfect day.  It was very nice out, sunny but cool.  Hardly anyone was there, we found parking right away and it was a lot of fun.  We looked at all the shops including the very cute peeps store, the silly pet apparel and accessories store and the stylish charming charlies. 

J bought a hat and I bought some new sun glasses.

We loved this cool dude coming up out of the sand and wanted to run out there and climb on him, sadly the beach was fenced off.  We did sit on the dock, climb on some drift wood :) and walk through the Gaylord.

Then we had lunch and it was YUMMY.  We both chose the mahi mahi on a potato crab mash with a sweet corn whatever on the bottom.  It was to die for!  We ate outside by the water, which was of course delightful
After that we stopped at cake love for a little dessert then headed home.  It was a perfect day.  I always laugh so much when I am with Jenna, she cracks me up.  On the way home I feared for our safety and had to tell her to quietly look out the window so we could stay on the road :)  she was making me laugh so hard.

1 comment: