Wednesday, May 16, 2012

this and that

My Jenna has gone back to Utah.  As usual she is an awful packer.  For a long time she's know she was going back...when did she pack.  At midnight, the night before she left.  And she left her room a disaster.  This only causes me a little tiny sigh because she is awesome and I had so much fun with her that I don't really care that much but I feel like I should have taught her better.  I did ask her numerous times when she was going to pack.  Some might call that nagging, and frankly I can live with that.

Some of my favorite memories made this last visit were when we went to the National Harbor.  That was a really fun day.  We got to talk a lot and walk by the water and shop a little . One afternoon R called me to look out the window and there were all 5 of the kids playing.  Sierra and Jenna had gone out to lay in the grass with blankets and enjoy the sun and when the 3 little ones realized where they were they quickly jumped into their swimsuits and ran out to play.  They played soccer and blew bubbles and I heard a lot of laughter and screeches when the water balloons came out.  We stood at the window, arm in arm (like the grandparents we are) and felt happy.  Jenna was asked to speak in RS about her trip and I loved hearing her, and knowing she has a great testimony.  Sitting in church.  Watching movies.  One afternoon S and J and I went and got pedicures.  Such a treat.  And after the youth activity, which they so kindly helped me with, we stopped at Chilis (my fav) for desserts.  H, J, S and I.  I had molton chocolate cake (my fav) and we laughed (my fav)  Hugs.  It was great!  Now I get to enjoy Sierra for a few more week and Jenna gets to start a new adventure.  She made it on her flights and I heard Clayton sounding very happy in the background and Jenna sounding very happy on the phone when she called to tell me she was alive.

R and I are on a diet.  What's new right?  We need to be healthier.   I need to have lots of energy to keep up with my little brood and grands on the way and Lands End has the cutest dresses out this season and I want to buy one and feel cute in it so we'll see.  Strangely I've been thinking about oatmeal a lot. Which is odd.  I miss it and it will be first on my list when the carbs come back :)  He's been grouchy, he's not a good dieter.  I'm not either but I don't think I get grouchy, I just quit. 

Last night his back was hurting a lot.  I rubbed it for him and he took some meds and eventually fell asleep but it was no fun.  Getting old is so fun.
Daisy scouts last night was fun.  The girls had to research scouting in different countries and I didn't realize how global it is.  There is even a troop in Kuwait.  Patches are a lot of fun for the girls and Lu and I enjoyed looking at different patches from around the world.  Her little vest is getting quite full with her patches.

It's been raining and raining most every day.  It makes MD so beautiful and green.

Youth Conference is occupying a lot of my time.  I need to learn how to use excel better.  Maybe I need to take a class.  Jared had to help me and R had to help me.  Embarrassing. 

Last night was the season finale of NCIS and oh what a cliff hanger it was! Who is dead??  Is it Ducky, who we love??? 

Laundry laundry laundry.  Yesterday Hannah ironed 30 shirts and pants for her dad, now he will be all pressed and handsome at work.  What a sweet girl she is. 

I need to paint something.  This feels like a long week, I can't believe it's only Wednesday. 

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's only Wednesday. I'm ready for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had so much fun with Jenna when she was home. It's always wonderful to watch them as they grow up, eh ; ) And so great to watch them interact with the little ones.

    I wonder who died on NCIS--I hope it wasn't Ducky, that would be really sad.

    Good for Hannah--I HATE ironing.

    We have a 3 day weekend--Victoria Day on Monday, and then the next week (on the 29th) we leave to go pick up our missionary. Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am behind on ironing and don't feel ready for my girls to do it...but Hannah is only a few months older than Naomi! Hmmm, maybe I should. I'm kind of weird about hot things and my kids, though they do a million other chores.

    Dieting is no fun. That is one fun thing about being 9 months pregnant and planning to nurse. No dieting for me!

    ReplyDelete