Wednesday, May 23, 2012

my life is a zoo...today literally :)

 Today was the first grade field trip to the zoo.  We met early this morning and got on buses then enjoyed a drive down to the National Zoo.  I don't know if it's because I grew up in the desert but MD is so beautiful to me and Rock Creek Park in the middle of DC is so beautiful.  Everything is so green and lush and alive.  It is a constant joy to see.  I actually had a peaceful drive enjoying the scenery and thinking. 
 Here is Lucy with her friends Emily and Ashley.  We walked around with them most of the day.  The girls were very silly and had a great time.
 Here is me and Lu in front of the otters.  They were soooooooo cute! They were playing and swimming and scampering around about 20 of them in their habitat and we stayed there a long time watching.  They were my favorite exhibit of the day.

Lu's fav was the elephants :)  Lots of the animals were active because the weather was magnificent.
Around 2 pm we stopped for a snack, Gatorade and ice cream sandwich then headed toward the bus for a very noisy drive home and Miss Jumping Bean next to me was in rare form.

Lu had "the best time ever", which I am very happy about.  I had a good time but not best ever.  She was not on her best behavior so that was a bit challenging and Jen is trying to buy a car and there were some stressful phone calls across the country to try and advise, and cheer on and keep out of debt, more than a bit challenging.  And I didn't get any ice cream to help me through the day :(

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing websites that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. It is the old what goes around comes around routine.
    קוסמטיקאית

    ReplyDelete