Tuesday, May 29, 2012




One of the fun things about living in a little town is the small town charm.  Lu's piano teacher lives downtown, which is so fun.  Sometimes while she is having her lesson I will walk across the street to the Brewing Grounds and get a hot chocolate, sometimes we walk around the corner and look at the pets in the "Corner Pet Store", my favorite thing is to go to the used book store.  It's tiny and packed with shelves and shelves of books stacked every which way.  It's full of fun quotes and the owner is a quirky, kind man who somehow knows where everything is.  

Today I bought two books "Five Quarters of the Orange" and "Cocktail Hour Under the Tree of Forgetfulness".  I have been looking at the 2nd book for awhile, in fact a couple of weeks ago Ethan and I hid it behind some other books so I could come back and get it when I had $ in my wallet.  So today I did.  When I went to the counter the owner said " I wondered who would buy this book, I knew it was going to be someone special.  Why did you pick it? "  and we had a lovely chat about Africa, where I want to go, and he's been but only to Egypt and we both agreed that doesn't really count.  

Did some visiting teaching today.  On the way home I was talking to J on the phone who was at Dani's house and she asked if I wanted to talk to Tate, which I did.  T asked me what I was doing and I told her and she said "like my daddy".  Yep like Greg who is a faithful home teacher.  What a great example.

Also had a very nice lunch with Johnna today.  It was a pretty good day.



No comments:

Post a Comment