Sunday, May 13, 2012

birthday fun

Yesterday was my big boy's birthday!  He turned 42.  I didn't get to spend much time with him but I think he had a good day.  In the morning we got up and went to Lu's soccer game.  She did a good job and it was so nice outside.  Then we took him to breakfast at our fav little breakfast cafe.  It was yummy.  We took turns telling him things we loved and appreciated about him and he got a couple presents.  When we got home we all had chores to do then the 3 girls and I headed out to the stake youth activity and Lu, E and R went to E's soccer game and finally met up with Pete.  They went out on the boat and went swimming.  The water was freezing but the kids didn't care. They spent the evening at the Zawadas eating pizza and watching movies. 

The stake youth activity was a lot of fun.  We had an Olympic theme with lots of great games and then a wonderful talk by Pres. Volk.  We had four rotations.  One was a build and launch a rocket station, one was a scooter/skateboard relay/ one was an indoor relay with donuts, marshmallows and many other fun things, the last one was pool noodle games.  We made a noodle javelin course, a noodle pin ball, noodle soup game and noodle racing game.  Sierra and Jenna helped me man the noodle games, I was very grateful for the help and it was really fun having them there.  I think the youth had a lot of fun. 

It was an exhausting day.  But good.

1 comment:

  1. Glad your "boy" had a fun birthday.

    And I hope you had a FABULOUS Mother's Day!!!!

    ReplyDelete