Thursday, May 17, 2012

"ruckus"
So today was a long day.  This morning Bub and I both had appointments at the eye doctor.  He went first and he needs glasses, news that was met with tears.  He is very unhappy.  We spent a lot of time looking at frames and he finally found one he liked...but it was a girls frame, I couldn't change his mind so we left without buying any for him. 
I went next, I need reading glasses.  Which I suspected as my arm has been getting shorter and shorter lately.
Saturday is Hannah's turn.  I will bring Ethan back to pick out frames again, and R with us to help me persuade him.

After school E had John over, for about 5 minutes.  They were blowing bubbles on the porch with Lu, soon Lu spilt the bubbles on Bub, apparently "on purpose", then E punched Lu and she came screaming in the house.  I sent John home, assigned some extra chores to E and comforted Lu.   

Lu practiced the piano while E cried about the injustice.  I am not too sure exactly what happened because she practiced very nicely and quickly with no complaint while I talked to him and he cried (kind of a sign that she wasn't 100% innocent either).  Hitting isn't allowed so he had to complete his punishment, and of course lost a play date but I don't really know exactly what happened.

Then I made chocolate chip cookies and ate one. 

After dinner we played a couple of games of ruckus.  It was a lot of fun.  After about an hour of playing we had our scripture time.  We are in Mosiah.  I love King Benjamin.  We were discussing his counsel to his people.  He gives such clear, easy to follow and easy to understand advice.  After we read we made a list of what he told the people to do.
One of the verses we discussed was:
14 And ye will not suffer your achildren that they go hungry, or naked; neither will ye bsuffer that they transgress the laws of God, and fight and cquarrel one with another, and serve the devil, who is the master of sin, or who is the devil spirit which hath been spoken of by our fathers, he being an enemy to all righteousness.
15 But ye will ateach them to bwalk in the ways of truth and csoberness; ye will teach them to dlove one another, and to serve one another.

In discussing what it meant we talked about who do we serve if we quarrel with our  brothers and sisters?  and what should we do? (serve one another)  We came up with the example of when I ask someone to put away something that does not belong to them i.e. "Lu please put away Ethan's cleats", she should not say "but they are not mine".  Which I hear a lot, from many of the children not just Lu.  Instead they should just do it because a) it is obedient b) it serves their brother/sister c) we are family and families help each other not just because but also because the Lord commands it.

We talked about several other verses as well. Then had prayers.

After our prayers I asked Lu to pick up something on our way upstairs and she said "but it's not mine", to which her brother said "Grace Grace Grace, we just talked about that like 2 minutes ago" and she said "I don't care".
Nice.

What a great day.

In other more pleasant news Jenna got a job!  Yeah!  She's going to be packing boxes with security systems for Vivint from 8-5 mon- friday for $9 an hour (thanks Ange!!).  I'm so glad.
checking the growth



1 comment:

  1. Oh the joys of motherhood, eh ; ) Some days are better than others, thank goodness!

    One chocolate chip cookie--way to go.

    So happy for Jenna.

    ReplyDelete