Saturday, January 30, 2016

Food bank, cats & hats

This morning we got up and headed to Sawyer's to help with his eagle project. He's collecting food for a local food bank. Grace and I were partners, we drove to a neighborhood and then walked around putting bags and flyers on people's doors. Next week they will be collected. 
Today was Grace's last day of cats! They had two performances. I was super excited to see her in it and again I enjoyed it very much. She did great and had a lot of fun.
Between shows we went to a little restaurant called the lemon tree for dinner. It's right on the blvd so we just walked. It was a lot of fun.
We all went to see her perform :)
Also today I needed to make Grace a pioneer outfit. I have had many more occasions to make and to wear pioneer clothing than one would ever think. Especially if one were not Mormon. Tomorrow we are having our trek kick off fireside and a number of people are dressing in pioneer clothing and doing a special musical number. Our family was asked to participate and we all have clothes except for Grace. I made her a cute skirt out of some fabric she chose and also a cute bonnet. It came together fairly easily but still took several hours
By the time I was done both girls were asleep so I had to model the bonnet myself.
While I was sewing Rob cleaned out our big chest freezer and got it situated in the garage and plugged in and ready for food. I am so excited he did that! Thanks babe! 

1 comment: