Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Tails and tales

Today was Grace's first performance. I haven't seen it yet but they look amazing and sound awesome. I can't wait to watch!
I stayed this morning for about an hour to help sew on tails and other odds and ends.
Grace has really enjoyed the whole thing.
Ethan and Hannah were both home sick today. Hannah also was on Monday. I hate when they miss school (unless it's to go to Disneyland of course). There's too much to make up after. 

We watched the Avengers, and made a fire. Lovely evenings.
I'm reading a new book series. The first book was called "State of the Onion", it's a White House chef mystery series. I loved it not because it's awesome literature but because it's set in DC and I can picture exactly how it looks and where the heroine is in my minds eye, I really miss it there. And I like a little special ops mystery. And I like food talk. Always, but particularly while I am dieting. 
Speaking of I reached my first baby goal, 20lbs gone. It took awhile because I have cheated more than once:( but I made it. Now if I can do that three more times that would be awesome. I don't know. I'm happier not dieting. Also although this plan works I don't know how well it lasts. There are lots of Facebook groups and message boards and it seems like a very common theme is "I am here again because I gained it back" or "I cheated once and the next morning the scale showed a 1lb gain". And it's $$$. But for now I'm staying the course.
And finally a robo update. 
A) they stink but not nearly as much as Peter did.
B) Grace loves them and plays with them often. Pipsqueak is much nicer than Pepsi. 
C) in fact Pepsi beat Pip up a couple of times and Nana had to buy a second cage so they could be separated. 
D) now Pip lives in a palace and Pep in a cottage. 
That's what you get when you don't play nice with others.
For some unknown reason scripture study lends itself to uncontrollable laughter and falling on the floor.




1 comment:

  1. You look REALLY good! I noticed in your beach pictures how your face looked more slender. I am SO good at losing weight, but I cannot maintain to save my life. I'm with you, I am happier when I am not thinking and agonizing about every single thing I put in my mouth. So tough to find the balance! Wish you were here, a diet buddy is so much more fun than going solo. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete