Friday, January 15, 2016

As the world turns

This is diet food. Only it's not really fun and festive like the cartoon.
This is not diet food. This is what I lovingly made for dinners the other day. Squash soup in a bread bowl. Chicken enchiladas.
I would rather eat this.

But my heart wants the other. Not my heart like the essence of my very being, but my heart like the organ that pumps blood, in my chest . As does my waist, my future grandchildren and the people I will serve when Rob and I go on missions. 
I just have to remember that.

....frankly I stink at dieting. Like a solid c-. Today I went to the doc to check my blood since he put me on a new dose of thyroid. I have lost 17lbs but his scale only showed 15 (I was wearing shoes). I was bummed. Even though I am a big cheater I still want the weight to fall off. Right? Who's with me?! 

Then Rob and I went to lunch with Wes and Nellie and I ordered a salad .....and ate two rolls. Then since I already cheated I ate a taco for dinner. (Makes sense right?) So I probably gained 5lbs.

And tomorrow I will start again. And tonight I will feel guilty. Awesome. 
I love our new bed FYI.

Tonight Shelby and Hannah went to the mall and then they are going to watch movies at our house.  Ethan invited Matt over. Grace has practice. 



I need to drink some water and fold some laundry. And so it continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment