Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Bullet points

•look at us, we were babies! I thought we were old but nope. I was 30 and Rob 28.
•Ethan, although my favorite boy ever and he charms and delights me, is a bit spoiled. This year, 2016, I made some teach Ethan to be independent goals. The first item on the list was learn to iron his own clothes. Week one went okay. He was shocked and not too excited but cooperative. Week two found him a little less excited about the endeavor and he got called back to the ironing board twice BUT when he was passing the sacrament I noticed that he was the best pressed boy of the bunch. He told me that no one notices if you iron your clothes or not.  I told him that was only partly true, if you do iron your clothes nobody notices, if you do not everyone notices and thinks that you are slovenly.  There are many jobs like that, if you do them noone notices if you don't they notice the lack. 
• he also had to plunge a toilet, unload the dishwasher, take out the trash, and carry a bunch of stuff. Besides the toilet none of that was new stuff. The toilet about killed him.
•Grace is busy! But things are coming to an end. She is practicing many times a week for cats. The performance is at the end of the month. She's also practicing a lot for ballroom and the competition is coming up soon. Then she will be done...
• a busy Grace is a happy Grace so we need to figure out something.
• Sawyer came over today. 
• Hannah got her ca permit on Monday.
• last night 3 David's came over for dinner. They are in town from ft worth. I really enjoyed visiting with David Duke. And the other Davids.
• Ethan went running today. He has try outs for the school soccer team in a couple of weeks. He's got great feet but his stamina needs work so I am really glad he's working on it. 
• we swapped mutual nights and meet on Tuesday now. It kind of throws me off but we will adjust. 
• The last season of Downton Abbey started. I am thrilled that Mr Carson and Mrs Hughes are getting married! So sweet. I miss watching with Darlaina and Jodie.
• I went shopping with my Christmas gift card today. I got some fun stuff at Kohls so that was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment