Saturday, January 9, 2016

Meetings and cookies and stuff

The report I got was that the vegan cookies were good. So yay! Maybe I'll bake for the vegans again. 

Hannah finished drivers training today. She received some bad news at the end of the training, it turns out that 10 days after you move into the state of California your out-of-state permit expires. She has to go to the DMV and take the written test and get a California permit and begin her six-month waiting period anew. This is a bummer for her. She will be able to get her drivers license in July, one month before her 17th birthday. I am very happy that next year she will be able to drive herself and Ethan to seminary and to school!! 

Cats is coming up soon, did I already say that Hannah quit? We were not very happy that she did although I do see where there were many challenges for her, and many disappointments with the production. Grace on the other hand has been loving it and today she got fitted for her costume!

Yesterday I went to a girls camp meeting. I am very excited for camp, it's done a little differently here than I am used to but there are many good ways to do things and I think it will be wonderful.

Grace spent the whole day at Catherine's house yesterday. She had a great time!

Today I had a APYW followed by our first stake youth committee meeting for planning trek. Again things are done differently but I think it's all good. I am looking forward to getting to know the youth in our stake and the other leaders. Everybody has been super welcoming and kind to me.
Jenna asked me yesterday if I still had her baby book.  Of course I do, the conversation prompted me to go look through it. Looking at all the cute little baby Jenna pictures prompted me to look through everyone else's baby books as well. And then I made this darling collage reminding me how cute each of them were when they were tiny. 

Now we are approaching Grace's 11th birthday, she is our caboose, and I can hardly believe where all the time has gone

1 comment:

  1. Time - it just races by. Caroline turned 30 (THIRTY!!!!!) in December. What's with that?

    ReplyDelete