Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Counting down


4 days until this little angel jumps in our arms and says "Mimi and Grandpa are here!", or something like that. Can't wait.  Looks like we need to pack our snow gear.

Also counting down the pounds and inches. Well, at least I've been on my diet for 5 days and haven't cheated. Not even once.  Let's applaud the baby steps.  It has been going well.  I have not been feeling starved and I think I lost a little weight in my left wrist :) Yesterday was the only hard day.  I wanted chocolate cake..and steak...and a bunch of yummy cheesy, sour creamy,  potatoes.  I tried to figure out why it was different.  
a) I subbed, first grade, the week before Christmas break.  It was chaos and my voice and patience were both worn thin by the end of the day.
b) one of my kids was involved in a bullying incident...and my kid was the bully.  It was minor but the other mom called me to talk about it and that's always fun.  At the end of the day it turns out that it was mostly unintentional and apologies were given and accepted but some hot buttery popcorn chased by some peanut m&m's would have helped a lot. 
c) someone I used to be close to was diagnosed with cancer. Cancer stinks and I am sad for him.
d) it was really cold out side (calls for hot chocolate and chocolate chip cookies obviously)
e) it was family home evening/circus freaks come out tonight/weekly scheduled fighting & chaos that starts and ends with a prayer night.  What is it about family night that makes kids lose their minds?  
Again FHE treat, important part of the ritual. 

It was the kind of day where sneaking off for a burger and shake with my hubby would have made a lot of things better.  Instead I folded clothes and he ironed and we talked about other families problems, and ours.

and to end "counting up" my blessings.
  • I love parking in the garage.  This morning it was 28 degrees out and many cars on the road were frosty, not mine. It was warm.
  • I love our fireplace lite up with light and warmth.
  • I love talking to my family on the phone.
  • I am grateful to live "close" to them.
  • I am grateful that today I don't have to sub, and that really I never do.  The $ is for bonus stuff, which I always want but we could live without.
  • I love the view out our toilet room at night.  We get a nice slice of sky with stars and the edge of a pine tree, I don't know why I enjoy that but I do.
  • I'm excited for my new calling, and Rob's, and Hannah's.  We love to serve and I am SO GRATEFUL that we have opportunities. 
  • Good health
  • A visit planned with my side
  • and one with his side, both soon, and both our family.
  • Some awesome trips planned in the next while : Ireland, beach camping, sequoias, Alaska, Grand Canyon....and who knows where else.
  • A new episode of NCIS tonight (I know it shallow but I am always excited about that)
  • the joy of having a loving and kind husband.
  • 6 children, 2 SIL's and 3 grandbabies that I adore.
  • Z
  • the smell of clean laundry, I really love that. 
  • my sisters 
  • the ability to pray daily.
  • .....



No comments:

Post a Comment