Sunday, June 29, 2014

Prince William Forrest Park

Hannah had a wonderful time at camp.  She said her favorite part was the testimony meeting and how well everyone got along.  She also didn't like the hike.  We had a great schedule this year with a lot of free time that the girls enjoyed a lot.
 Honestly it's hard to write about our week because so much happens.  We are so busy and have so much fun.  I never in my life sleep as little or laugh as much as I do at camp.
Everyone is so great.  The leaders in the wards and the YCL's and the other stake leaders work incredibly hard and always are looking for what needs to be done and how they can help.  
 Our kitchen staff was outstanding.  The food was delicious and there was plenty of it.  We all loved gathering in the dining hall and eating together and talking and sharing time.
 I loved that there was very little drama.  The roll calls were the best ever.  The skits were great.  Our talent show night was awesome!
 We enjoyed kangaroo court, wonderful golden hours.

Some of my favorite moments of the week were, in no particular order:

when Emily Ogden, who was a YCL the last 2 years and this past year was a freshman at BYU majoring in Astronomy/Physics, came up and did our star gazing night for us.  She was so articulate and so interesting.  It was wonderful to hear her talk about the heavens and also her testimony.

when before the fireside Carol Bonnett had a group of her friends come and sing "For Good" and it was so stinkin good.  I can not even say how lovely that song was.

when the YCL's wrote the funniest roll call about the stake leaders that had us rolling on the floor

when we lost 2 hikers and Tara and I had to go out on search and rescue...which was pretty much just search (Tar's words) and we were cracking up (as usual)

when Jacque showed us that she can indeed still do the splits

every night in the infirmary where we talked until way too late.

 hearing the sweet testimonies of our YW.

getting to know these amazing women, young and young at heart, better.  It is a treat and an honor for me.



 this is the last morning, we are all sad to leave
 Will's an amazing cook.  He brought us the pan to lick clean.

 our "apartment" and Jacque
 I feel so blessed.  I loved being electronic free.  I loved the lessons that were taught and the joy that was felt by all.  I feel very grateful for my chance to serve and for the wonderful, capable, Christ-like women and men that I get to work with.  Again I lack the words to adequately  sum up the week.
This guy is amazing.  He is a wonderful high council advisor to us and works incredibly hard and is such a good sport and good bug killer.  He gave many a blessing, many many hugs, a listening ear and help and support in every way possible.

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost 

No comments:

Post a Comment