Monday, June 16, 2014

18 Summers

Everyone knows that summer is the best season of the year.  I love it.  I love the no scheduled bedtime, the sleeping in, the warm weather, the fun trips, summer food and summer movies, summer novels and camp and ice cream dreams.  Love it.

As parents we don't get too many summers with our kidlets.  18 is all.  That's why I say yes to friends, and yes to messes, yes to watching movies I know I won't like, and daily trips to the pool.  I just want to soak it in and live it up.
Today was a typical summer day.  Hot. We slept late (8ish).  Grace got to go to Maggie's to play.  Ethan wanted french toast for breakfast and after that we worked on merit badges.  World Cup is on so he watched that.  I did some chores.  Grace went riding.  They did a trail ride and she got to trot on the trail! Maggie came and kept me company while Grace rode and after we went to the pool.  We ate dinner late (8:30ish) and it was burgers with cheese grilled by our dear dad.  Then the girls gave our FHE lesson.  We ate fruit pizza for treat and Alyssa came over to sleep over (even later: 10:17ish)
Best part of the day, FaceTime with this little wonder woman and her momma. Penny dressed herself Dani told me.  Summer with an almost 2 year old is a favorite of mine!

1 comment: