Monday, June 30, 2014

basket weaving


Rob's lovely flower bed.  I love the way the flowers bloom in different heights and how pretty it looks.

Today I finally got to the unpacking part of our camping trips.  We all came home on Saturday and dumped everything from three camps in the foyer.  Then we went swimming (although what I really wanted to do was take a nap, however R wanted the family to do something together).  Then R and I went to a wedding.  Then we went grocery shopping.  Then we came home and he went to bed and I stayed up a few more hours reading about the priesthood because Calvert invited me to come and do a combined YM/YW during the 3rd hour.  Since we had no internet at camp I couldn't prepare too much before.

Sunday Grace and I went to Calvert and then we met the rest of the family at our ward.  Ethan was ordained to the Aaronic Priesthood.  This was a special and wonderful event.  He's a really good boy and I am very proud of his good work and desire to serve the Lord. After dinner we walked over to the Buxton's for Rachel's farewell get together.  She leaves on her mission on Wednesday.

...and that brought us to today.  Finally time to tackle the mountain.  When we were at camp Tara and I went to the laundry mat one morning and I was shocked when the dryer took less than 15 minutes to dry a big load.  I began quizzing others about their dryer time.  Ours takes 2+ hours per load.  This is much longer than anyone else I asked.  Rob thinks our vent is blocked (by birds) and that is causing the problem.  It is blocked, that part is true.  So we'll have to get that taken care of and hope it speeds up the drying. Despite that handicap, and many interruptions, we got several loads done and should finish up tomorrow.  

What could have taken us from our cheery laundry duties today?  Well, Ethan and Eric and Daniel are working on the basket weaving merit badge so we went to the McCombs.  Grace thought that looked like a lot of fun so she made one too.  They really turned out sweet.  He still has to make a square one and a stool before he's done but progress was made!
We had to go to the orthodontist.  About 6 more months and Hannah will be done! 
We went to the bank.
Rob came home sick :( He think's it may be lyme disease, I think it's a virus.  Another dad who went to camp is similarly ill.  Hope I'm right.  He didn't get any ticks at camp so chances are pretty good.
Han and I went to help clean Darlaina's rental.  Poor thing, she is having a baby (#5) on Wednesday and she had to move out of her rental and into a hotel for a month today.  Talk about terrible timing.  She's been so cheerful the whole time.  Happy news their new home is right next door to us, which Grace is thrilled about.  So we helped over there this afternoon and had a great time.


No comments:

Post a Comment